OHR Special Giving Programs:
EK Community Health Nurse
The Ekialo Kiona Community Health Nurse will be a full-time position that will assist in the management and provision of community health services to the Mfangano Island population. Primary responsibilities will include program development, administrative management, and participation in a local strategy for reproductive health, emergency response and regional advocacy for improved health. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a Certificate in Nursing and must be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
1. Monitoring and Evaluation Intern, Jan – Oct 2017
2. Communications Intern, Jan – May 2017
Please email khines[at]organichealthresponse.org for more information on the position details and how to apply.
OHR supports volunteer opportunities for dedicated activists from around the world. To date we have hosted dozens of graduate students, teachers, engineers, designers and farmers. We support short term visitors, professional consultants and long-term Interns (6 months). Consulting and internship opportunities are based on specific needs of our staff, programs and projects, and are available on a rolling basis. Interested individuals can apply for any of the following volunteer positions. Applications are reviewed by the OHR Volunteer Committee and will be matched based on OHR’s most immediate needs and timeline.
1. Radio – Training on news gathering, reporting & online software skills (3-6 month position)
Seeking individuals with communication, journalism or radio skills to develop a training for the EK-FM Radio Staff focused on news and reporting. We are also looking for an individual with experience with online radio software (ie Frontline SMS or Freedom Fone) to help research appropriate interactive models and implement this software in our station.
2. Photographer (1-4 week position)
Seeking experienced photographer interested in traveling to Mfangano Island to capture live activities! These photographs will be used in PR materials on the OHR website, Facebook page, brochures, and marketing materials. Help us capture what we do best!
3. Graphic Designer(1-4 week position)
How to Apply:
1. Review OHR-EK Volunteer Positions.
2. Download OHR-EK Volunteer Application – Consultants & Interns and submit to OHR Director of Operations, Kelsi Hines: khines[at]organichealthresponse.org.
3. The OHR Volunteer Committee will then review your application and contact you within 2-4 weeks.
We highly encourage local residents of Mfangano Island to apply for these positions.