The Ekialo Kiona Community Council has the following objectives:
- Provide community oversight, leadership and communication between EK staff, OHR and the community-at large.
- Serve as liaisons and representative of the EK community and staff to help determine the future of the EK Center.
- Act as EK representatives to discuss future partnership opportunities.
- Represent EK as trustworthy, honest and accountable leaders to local and international stakeholders.
- Work with the OHR Board of Directors to recruit and establish a Mfangano community governance board to represent all communities supported by EK.